The Financials Portal is an isolated site that allows your users to view and pay their Accounts Receivable invoices, view Payroll earnings and request time off, request a purchase order from Purchasing Management, and pay remittances. You can set up users as having External Access Only in Security Setup. This, along with a Task Role with Portal rights, allows them to perform functions through the portal without giving them access to your main Financials site.
The link for your portal site is exactly the same as for your Financials site URL, adding /Portal to the end of the URL (e.g., https://yourchurch.myshelby.org/portal).
This Section Includes:
Access the Users area under Security Setup on your Financials site. Create a new user and select the option for External Access Only.
NOTE: Users with this option selected do not count against your user license limit and cannot access your main Financials site.
You also need to create and assign a Task Role that has rights to the Portal areas to which you want the external user to have access. For example, this ‘Portal Only’ role has full rights to all of the Portal areas.
Log In to the Portal Site:
Enter your User Name and Password in the fields provided and click the Log On button. You can also click the Forgot Password or Forgot User Name links for assistance. Once logged in, you can access Invoices, Payroll, Purchasing, or Remittance. Sections display based on applications owned by your organization and rights assigned to the logged-in user.
In order to view and pay Accounts Receivable invoices through the Portal you must set up your Payment Providers and update the applicable Revenue Centers in Accounts Receivable.
Go to Utilities and then Payment Providers in the general area of Financials. Verify that your desired payment providers are set up. You can edit an existing item in the grid by clicking the Edit icon. Click Add New Provider if you need to add a new payment provider.
NOTE: The Financials accepts ShelbyNext | Giving as a payment provider. Click www.shelbynext.com/giving for more information on setting up a ShelbyNext | Giving account.
Populate all appropriate fields as directed by your payment provider:
•Payment Processor: Select the payment processor class you are using. Payment processor classes are set up in the Lookups area.
•Process: Select Credit Card or ACH.
NOTE: Leave the Password field blank to keep the current password when editing a Payment Provider. Entering a value in this field overrides the currently saved password.
Click the Update button to save changes to the Payment Provider, the Reset link to undo all changes since the last time the page was updated, or the Cancel link to return to the Payment Providers page without saving your changes.
Update Revenue Center:
Go to Accounts Receivable > Modify > Revenue Center Information. Click the Edit icon by a Revenue Center you wish to use for online payments through the Portal. In the Online Payment Options section enter the Online Title/Portal Grouping Tool and Online Description, and select the Online Bank Account from the pull-down menu. You can then select one or more of the following from their pull-down menus: Credit Card Gateway, ACH Gateway. Available options in these menus are set up in the Payment Providers area (More Information). See Accounts Receivable > Modify > Revenue Center Information).
NOTE: To show grouped invoices for more than one Revenue Center in the Portal, enter the same information in the "Online Title/Portal Grouping Tool" field for each Revenue Center that you would like show together. The "Online Description" is what shows in the Category column in the portal when selecting to pay invoices. The "Category" column only shows when the revenue centers are consolidated/grouped.
Example 1: If you have multiple revenue centers for your school like Day Care, Elementary, and High School that you would like to show together in the Portal, you could type "School" in the "Online Title/Portal Grouping Tool" field or whatever makes the most sense to you for each of the three revenue centers. For this to work, what you type in this field must be keyed exactly the same.
Example 2: For Insurance Billing and Pension Billing, you might type "Billing" in the "Online Title/Portal Grouping Tool" for each revenue center.
View and Pay Invoices:
1. Click the Invoices link at the top of the Portal page and then View and Pay Invoices or click the View Invoices To Pay & Pay Bill link on the Portal page.
2. Select to view Unpaid Invoices, Paid Invoices, or All Invoices.
NOTE: You can only pay invoices when Unpaid Invoices is selected.
Each invoice matching the filter is displayed in a grid with the following columns:
•Payment Amount - The Payment Amount column only displays when you are using the Unpaid Invoices filter and when the revenue center is set up with a payment gateway in Accounts Receivable.
3. Click the Expand icon to view further details about the invoice, including the Description, Quantity, Unit Price, and Amount. When you view paid invoices, payments are also displayed.
4. Enter the Payment Amount.
•If AR is set to Open Item, locate the invoice you wish to pay and enter an amount in the Payment Amount field.
•If the setting is Balance Forward, enter the total payment amount in the bottom row. The payments are distributed from the oldest invoice to the most current.
5. Click the Pay Invoices button to proceed.
6. Make sure all information in the Verify Billing Information fields is correct and then select from available payment options. These are the options selected on the applicable Revenue Center in Accounts Receivable.
7. You can then input the Credit Card or Bank Account information as appropriate.
8. Click the Submit button to finalize your payment or the Cancel link to return to the previous page.
1. Click the Payroll link at the top of the Portal page and then View Earnings or click the Payroll View Earnings link on the Portal page.
2. Select the Company from which to view earnings.
3. In the Filter By field, select the date range from which you wish to view earnings. Additional filters may appear depending on your selection.
4. Click the Search button to display your results.
A grand total for the date range you selected is displayed first with the following columns:
5. Click the Expand icon to display further details, including Compensation and Deduction distributions, taxes, and totals for these.
Below the grand total line, summaries for each time the person has been paid are displayed. The following columns are displayed:
6. Click the Expand icon to display further details, including Compensation and Deduction distributions, taxes, and totals for these.
1. Click the Payroll link at the top of the Portal page and then Request Time Off or click the Request Time Off link on the Portal page.
2. Select the Company and Time Off Period from which you wish to request time off.
Existing requests for the selected Time Off Period are displayed in a grid with the following columns:
•Sick Time Hours
3. You can edit or delete pending requests as well as add new requests.
Once requests have been approved within Payroll, the Approval column shows the user who approved the request and the date on which it was approved.
Request Time Off:
All Time Off requests within the selected Time Off Period are displayed on the page.
1. Click the Edit icon by any request with an Approval status of Pending and you can change the request.
2. Click the Add New icon to start entering a new request.
3. Enter the Starting Date and Ending Date for the request.
4. You can then use the Hours columns to specify what type of time off and how many hours you are requesting per day.
6. Click the Confirm icon to save your changes or new request or the Cancel icon to discard your changes or new request.
NOTE: The Available Hours Remaining is calculated by subtracting the Hours Requested (which is the same as “Scheduled Time Off” hours in Payroll > Employee Information) from the “Available” hours in Employee Information (hours the employee had at the beginning of the current time off period). Unless all time off hours in payroll history are listed on the Portal (and as “Scheduled Time Off” hours in Payroll > Employee Information), the Available Hours Remaining will not be accurate. To correct this, verify all time off hours in payroll history are listed as “Scheduled Time Off” hours in Payroll > Employee Information.
Locating Portal Time Off Requests in Payroll:
The Payroll Scheduled Time Off widget allows you to view and approve time off requests sorted by Home Department. There are pull-down menus for year and the categories to be viewed. The default is Show Pending but you can also Show Approved and Show All. Click the Refresh button to refresh the grid.
The grid displays employees by Home Department along with a check box for Approved. If this box is checked, the employee has no pending time off. If the Approved box is not checked, there is at least one pending time off request. If you check the Approved box by the employee name, you approve all of his or her pending time off requests.
Click the Expand icon by any Employee to view time off detail. There are columns for Date, Day, all of the Time Off types, Approved, and then a column that displays the current status of the request for that date. Place a check in the Approved column by any date that you wish to approve.
NOTE: Access to this widget requires Update rights to Time Off Hours in Employee Information.
1. Click the Purchasing link at the top of the Portal page and then Request a Purchase or click the Request a Purchase link on the Portal page.
2. Select the Company in which you wish to request a purchase (this field only displays if you have more than one company in the Financials).
Any Requisitions you have created display with the following columns:
•Next Approval Needed
Request a Purchase Order:
1. Click the Add New icon above the grid to begin a new request.
2. Start typing the vendor name in the Vendor field. Select the vendor from the available options. The Vendor Email field automatically populates if there is an email address on the vendor record.
3. Choose either Purchase Order or Check Request from the Type drop-down list.
4. You only need to enter a Ship To if a different vendor is the recipient for shipping. This search field works the same way as the Vendor search. Otherwise, you can leave this field blank.
5. Fill in the Issued To, Agent, and Shipping fields if applicable.
6. Select the Approval Path from the pull-down menu. You are only able to select approval paths to which you have rights.
NOTE: If you do not have rights to any approval paths, you can still create a purchase order request. In this case the Approval Path is assigned within the Purchasing Management application of the Financials.
7. Enter the Date Requested.
NOTE: The fields for Tax, Freight, and Other are available if the option to Record Tax, Freight, and Other Charges is selected in Accounts Payable Company Information.
8. Enter in the Qty (quantity).
9. Select the Unit before entering in the Unit Price. The Amount is calculated for you. The system provides five rows by default; click the Add 5 More Rows link if you need more.
NOTE: The Qty, Unit , and Unit Price fields only display if the option to Include Quantity on Purchase Orders is selected in Purchasing Management Company Information.
1. Click the Add New Attachment link to display a window where you can put in a Note and click the Choose File button by any of the four Add File fields to attach files. You can also click the Scan link by Scanned Files to display a window where you can paste or scan an image.
2. Click the OK button to save your attachments or the Cancel link to return to the Attachments tab without saving.
NOTE: The Scan link only displays if the Scanner.Client executable is running on your computer. Copy the ‘Server Uri' address above the click here link then click the link to download the executable.
If using Chrome you are prompted that the file is not commonly downloaded. Click the down arrow and select Keep to retain the file. You can then launch the Scanner.Client.exe file.
If using Windows 8 you may be prompted that Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Click the More info link then click the Run anyway button.
3. Click the Yes button to launch the client each time you start Windows.
4. On the Connection Settings screen paste the address you copied before (e.g, https://firstchurch.myshelby.org/) into the Server Uri field.
5. Enter your User Name and Password for your Financials site and click OK. Once signed in, you can use any supported browser on the Windows PC to scan, and you will not have to sign in again unless you change your Financials password or need to change the user.
The Scanner.Client executable is not compatible with Mac OS.
You must be logged in to your Financials with the same credentials or the program does not scan. If you need to change the user, right-click the Scanner.Client icon in your systray and select Configure.
6. Click the View File link by any attachment to be prompted to download the attached file.
NOTE: Check your browser settings for the specified download location if you are not prompted to select the location upon clicking the View File link.
7. Click the Edit icon on an existing note or the Add New Attachment icon to add/change attached items to an existing attachment entry. Click the Delete icon to be prompted to delete an attachment entry.
NOTE: Attachments added to a Purchase Order are added to any Accounts Payable invoice to which that Purchase Order is applied.
8. Enter a Note, if desired, and then click the Update button to submit your request or the Cancel link to return to the Purchasing Requests page.
Locating Portal Requests in Purchasing Management:
Purchase Order Requests submitted through the Financials Portal by users with rights to an Approval Path show up under that Approval Path in ‘Manage Requests’.
Purchase Order Requests submitted through the Financials Portal by users without rights to an Approval Path have an Approval Path of ‘None’. You need to assign a valid approval path to these in order to move forward in the approval process. To do this, enter the Purchasing Management module and click on Manage and then Requests.
In the Filters area select an Approval Path of None along with any other filters you wish to use. When you click the Search button, your unassigned Portal requests display. Open these Requisitions and assign them a valid Approval Path. They can then be approved through the normal process.
In order to view and pay Remittances through the Portal, information must be set up in Remittance. See Remittance > Getting Started.
1. Click the View and Pay Remittance link from the Portal page.
2. Select the Company from the drop-down menu.
NOTE: This menu only displays if remittance has been set up in more than one company.
The Activities display in a grid. The following columns are displayed for each activity:
3. Type the amount to pay in the Enter Payment field.
4. Click the Process Payment for button. You can then input the Credit Card or Bank Account information as appropriate.
5. Click the Submit button to finalize your payment or the Cancel link to return to the previous page.