A vendor can be added from the Vendor Information page or on-the-fly while entering a transaction, a credit card transaction, or a recurring payment. Also, a vendor can be added from the Credit Card Information page.
This Step-By-Step tutorial guides you through adding a vendor from the Vendor Information page and also shows you how to add a vendor on-the-fly while entering a new transaction.
•For a visual tutorial, see the Add a Vendor video.
•All video tutorials can be viewed from the Tutorials & Videos page.
This Section Includes:
1. From the Accounts Payable menu, select Modify -> Vendor Information.
2. Click the Add New Vendor link.
3. The Add New Vendor window appears. It is best to search for the vendor to avoid adding a duplicate. Enter the last name of the vendor (or the first word of the vendor's company name) in the Name field and then click the Search button.
4. If the vendor name displays on the grid, then it is already in the database. You can double-click the vendor to edit it. Otherwise, click the Close link to add a new vendor.
5. Vendors can be entered as an Organization or an Individual. Select from the radio buttons at the top and then enter the name of the vendor.
6. In many cases, a vendor is paid from the same expense account or distribution each time a transaction is created. Enter a default account or distribution in the Invoice Entry Defaults area. (This account or distribution is automatically entered as a detail line or lines when creating a new transaction for this vendor.)
7. If appropriate, specify the Default 1099 Status for this vendor and enter any other pertinent information on the Vendor Information tab.
8. If this vendor is to be paid by Direct Deposit, click the ACH Accounts tab and then click the Add New ACH Account icon-link.
9. Enter the account information on the Add New ACH Account window and then click the OK button.
10. Click on the Phones tab and then click the Add New Phone link.
11. Select a Phone Type and enter a Phone Number. Click the Save button.
NOTE: The phone number is automatically formatted with your default area code when the cursor leaves the Phone Number field. For example, if you enter "5551706", the number is automatically formatted to display "(901) 555-1706".
12. Click on the Emails tab and then click the Add New Email link.
13. Enter an email address in the Email field and then click the Save button.
14. Click on the Addresses tab and then click the Add New Address link.
15. Enter an address and then click the Save button.
16. Click on the Demographics tab. Enter any pertinent information on this tab such as the Social Security Number or a Doing Business As company name.
17. Files such as a contract, w-9, proof of liability insurance can be stored electronically on the vendors file. To store attachments for a vendor, click on the Attachments tab and click on the Add New Attachment icon-link.
18. Select or scan any attachments and then click the OK button.
19. After reviewing all of the vendor information, click the Update button to save this vendor record to the database.
1. The last steps in this tutorial guide you through adding a vendor while in the process of creating a new transaction. From the Accounts Payable menu, select Enter -> Transaction.
2. The Person Search window appears. Select "All Applications" from the Application drop-down and then enter the last name of the vendor (or the first word of the vendor's company name) in the Name field. When finished entering your criteria, click the Search button.
3. Double-click the vendor if it is listed on the grid. If the vendor is not listed on the grid, then click the Add New Vendor button.
4. Select if the vendor is an Organization or Individual, and then enter the vendor's name.
5. Add any other information you have for this vendor such as the address and then click the Update button.
6. A temporary message appears at the bottom of the page alerting you that the vendor has been added to the database.
7. Notice that the vendor and the vendors address appear on the Transaction > Update page. At this point, you can finish entering the transaction as your normally would.